FAQ on flora and fauna activations
Which parks are part of the PAFF program?
There is a list of nature parks with their reference numbers in the PAFF program. You can find the list here.
How do I activate a park?
For an activity to be valid you must make sure you and all your gear are inside the reserve. For some reserves this means you have to go on foot or on a bicycle. Some reserves are more challenging to activate than others - this is all part of the game. Also, in some reserves a car park or a picknick area might be part of the reserve, but in other cases they might not be. So, do check the maps (we have put in the effort) and make sure you document your location (GPS, picture of your set-up and surroundings). You can find the perimeters valid for the PAFF program on the Google Maps file here.
- you must make 44 QSO's for your activity to count towards an activator award (activity is always valid for chasers, regardless of the number of QSO's - so always send us your log!)
- you can only work from one reference at a time - so if you are in a park that is a subregion of a larger park you can only use the reference of the subregion
How do people know I am in a PAFF location?
- If you know beforehand that you are going to activate a park at a certain date and time you can inform the FF community via the agenda function on the WWFF.co main website, the WorldWide Flora and Fauna forum and / or the WWFF44 FaceBook page.
- It helps to use the frequencies that are known as the Flora and Fauna frequencies:
- Phone: 3.744, 7.144, 14.244, 18.144, 21.244, 24.944, 28.444
- CW: 3.544, 7.024, 10.124, 14.044, 18.084, 21.044, 24.894, 28.044
- When CQ-ing it is of course important to mention the park reference.
- When people pick up your signal you are likely to be spotted on a cluster. That really helps getting attention to your activity.
How do I confirm an activity?You should send your log in ADIF format to the PAFF coordinator. Make sure you add photographic proof of your activity using pictures of a GPS device (car navigation for example), park signs and your set-up. We will add your log to our database for the PAFF awards and we will upload it to the WorldWide Flora & Fauna database for international awards.